Connect your Google email provider in less than 3 minutes, and avoid any security or disconnection issues.
Here are the steps you need to go through in order to warm your Gmail address properly. ⚒️
1. On your computer, open Gmail
2. In the top right, click Settings -> See all settings
3. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
4. In the "IMAP access" section, select Enable IMAP
5. Click Save Changes
1. Make sure to be logged in as the same Google user than the one for which you want to use lemwarm and click on "Manage my Google account
2. In the navigation panel in the left bar, select Security
3. Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification -> Then find the button "Turn on"
4. Follow the on-screen steps until the end and until you can turn 2FA on.
Find out more info here.
1. While in the 2FA section, at tje very bottom of that page, find the App password creator:
If you don’t have this option, it might be because you have not turned on 2FA (see step 2)
If you're not able to turn on 2FA at all in your Google account, you might have to ask an admin in your company/ organization/ school.
Please reach out to our support if that's your case, they'll have a small step by step guide to share with you.
2. In the first "select app dropdown" menu choose "Other (Custom name)" then manually type lemwarm, finally click on the "Generate" button.
3. You'll see a small window opening with a black on yellow password showing. You need to copy this password, we'll have to paste it in your lemwarm email provider settings in a few seconds.
4. Go into your lemwarm account settings:
5. Find the email provider section and enter your regular Gmail credentials then click on "Connect" (meaning the email address and password you're using to access your inbox)
The email address needs to be the one for which we activated 2FA and created app password of course.
6. On the next step, you may get an error stating that credentials are incorrect: that is normal, we just need to paste the app password generated earlier in both SMTP and IMAP password slots to make it work:
Finally save changes and you should see 2 green messages stating that connecting SMTP and IMAP was a success.
You're ready to run your lemwarm and warm your account! 🔥
To make your life easier, we also made this video.